Legal Name Changes

This article is for people who have had their name legally changed, or if their name was entered incorrectly in the Union College system to begin with. If one of these is your situation and you are a student, you need to contact the Registrar's office:
1 (606) 546-1610

If you are an employee, you need to contact HR:

1 (606) 546-1210

After your name in the system has been changed by either the Registrar's office (students) or HR (employees), your username (and thus your Union email address) will be changed accordingly by Technology. This may take around one business day. You'll receive an email to the personal email address you have on file with your new username and instructions. When you contact the Registrar's office or HR about your name change, it would be a good idea to also check and make sure you have the correct personal email on file.

Logging in: You will log in to Union systems with the new username. If you are having trouble logging in with your new username, you may need to change your password. If you continue to have problems with your account, please contact Technology with the information at the bottom of the page.

Email: You will still have access to your preexisting Union emails. Any email that is sent to the former address will continue to be delivered to you. Any email that you send from your individual Union account will now send under the new email address.


Need more help?

  • 24/7 Phone: 606.546.1650
  • Email:
  • Walk-Ins: Black Technology Center Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm